Bay Dermatology in Tampa offers KYBELLA as a treatment option for excess fat below the chin. If you’re seeking to improve the look of your profile and/or treat a double chin, KYBELLA may be a great choice for you. Here, we’ll cover the basics of KYBELLA treatment and the benefits that it may offer to patients.
What is KYBELLA?
KYBELLA is a prescription medication used to treat submental fat below the chin, commonly referred to as the “double chin”. Submental fat can result from weight gain, aging, and genetic factors. Some people may struggle with submental fat for their entire lives, while it may appear suddenly in others.
Specifically, KYBELLA is an injection of deoxycholic acid, which is a molecule that occurs naturally in the body. Deoxycholic acid plays a role in the bodily process of breaking down and absorbing dietary fat.
When deoxycholic acid (KYBELLA) is injected underneath the chin, it helps to eliminate submental fat by breaking down fat cells in the area. When fat cells are eradicated, they won’t be able to store fat, leading to the elimination of the double chin.
What to Expect With KYBELLA Treatment
- After a medical examination of the area below the chin, your doctor will determine if KYBELLA is a good treatment option for you. KYBELLA must be administered by a specially trained health specialist, like one of the professionals at Bay Dermatology.
- The administration of KYBELLA involves small injections below the chin. The number of injections will vary according to the volume of fat stored underneath the chin. The injection process typically takes just 15 to 20 minutes.
- Multiple KYBELLA treatments may be recommended to achieve the desired results. Treatments should be spaced a minimum of one month apart and the number of treatments shouldn’t exceed 6.
What Are The Benefits of KYBELLA Treatment?
- KYBELLA is the only FDA-approved injection for submental fat below the chin.
- Since KYBELLA injections destroy fat cells beneath the chin, treatment results are lasting and your double chin is not likely to reappear.
- KYBELLA can help get rid of a double chin in individuals who struggle with submental fat despite a healthy diet and exercise regimen.
- You and your doctor can tailor your KYBELLA treatment depending on your under-chin area and cosmetic goals.
- A single KYBELLA treatment typically takes just 20 to 30 minutes.
An experienced dermatologist at Bay Dermatology can help determine if KYBELLA is the right treatment option to achieve your cosmetic goals. Contact us today to schedule an appointment at one of our Tampa locations.