If you’re seeking a cosmetic treatment to improve wrinkles and other signs of aging, Radiesse may be an option to consider. At Bay Dermatology in Tampa, we’re happy to offer Radiesse as a treatment to improve definition in the face and hands. Below, we’ll cover the basics of this award-winning treatment and the benefits it can provide to aging skin.
What is Radiesse?
Radiesse is a dermal filler used to treat wrinkles, fine lines, and volume loss in the back of the hands. It’s a small injection and works as a collagen stimulator to enhance your skin’s collagen production, which naturally slows down with age. Radiesse is made of calcium hydroxylapatite (CaHa) microspheres in an aqueous gel carrier.
While improvement to your skin’s volume is apparent immediately after treatment, Radiesse works with the fibroblasts beneath the surface of your skin even after it has been injected. Together, Radiesse and the fibroblasts enable lasting and continuing collagen production. The extra collagen works to fill in fine lines and wrinkles, reducing their appearance.
Over time following treatment, Radiesse particles are metabolized naturally by macrophages in the body. The formula is congruent with the tissues in your body and is non-toxic.
Radiesse for the Face and Hands
Radiesse may improve volume and definition in the lower face and hands to restore youthful skin.
For signs of aging in the lower face, Radiesse may help:
- Smile lines (nasolabial folds)
- Marionette lines
- Pre-jowl folds
- Corners of the mouth
- Chin wrinkles
In the hands, Radiesse can help restore volume lost with age, as well as reduce the appearance of veins and tendons.
What Are The Benefits of Radiesse?
Radiesse provides several benefits as a cosmetic treatment for volume loss in the skin, including:
- Results from Radiesse are apparent immediately after treatment, and full improvement is visible within a week after treatment.
- Since Radiesse continues to stimulate collagen growth after it’s been injected; results may last a year or more.
- Radiesse is a natural solution to signs of aging; since it works to trigger your body’s collagen production, the results look non-artificial.
- The treatment process is fast, generally lasting only 15 minutes, and you generally may return to your normal routine right away.
- The Radiesse formula is non-toxic, non-allergenic, and not made with any animal products.
Radiesse is a leading dermal filler for signs of aging in the lower face and hands. Contact Bay Dermatology today to speak with one of our skilled medical professionals and learn if Radiesse is right for you.