JUVEDERM and hyaluronic acid fillers are top two dermal filler options available today. At Bay Dermatology in Tampa, Florida, we’re happy to offer both of these treatment options for aging skin to our clients. Through the use of hyaluronic acid, these treatment methods can reduce the signs of aging and help you achieve your cosmetic goals.
What are JUVEDERM and Hyaluronic Acid Fillers?
Hyaluronic acid fillers are injections of hyaluronic acid to improve the appearance of skin. Hyaluronic acid is naturally found in the body and works to restore volume in the skin by drawing water to the treatment area. This makes for hydrated and youthful-looking skin. Hyaluronic acid fillers can be used to reduce fine lines, wrinkles, and folds in the skin resulting from age. It may also be used to add volume to the lips and decrease sagging of the skin.
JUVEDERM is a collection of dermal fillers counteract the loss of volume that skin often experiences with age. The main ingredient used in JUVEDERM is hyaluronic acid. This treatment encompasses five individual products that are designed to target different areas of the body. These five products include:
- JUVEDERM VOLUMA XC: for use in the cheeks to restore volume lost with age
- JUVEDERM VOLLURE XC: for use in facial tissue to counteract moderate to severe wrinkles and folds (for people aged 21 and older)
- JUVEDERM XC: for use in facial tissue to counteract moderate to severe wrinkles and folds
- JUVEDERM Ultra XC: for use in the lips and perioral area for to counteract volume loss in the lips
- JUVEDERM VOLBELLA XC: for use in the lips and perioral area for to counteract volume loss in the lips (for people aged 21 and older)
What Are The Benefits of JUVEDERM and Hyaluronic Acid Fillers?
- Hyaluronic acid fillers are a non-invasive alternative to surgical cosmetic treatments for aging skin.
- Hyaluronic acid injections are available for multiple areas around the face including the cheeks, nose, mouth, and lips.
- The effects of hyaluronic acid fillers are subtle and natural-looking.
- Results from hyaluronic acid fillers such as JUVEDERM can last anywhere from 6 months to 24 months (results lasting 24 months are for injections to the cheek area).
- Improvement to the appearance of skin from hyaluronic injections are visible immediately after treatment.
- Hyaluronic acid filler treatment is quick, lasting from 15 minutes to one hour, and there is little to no recovery time.
Contact Bay Dermatology today to learn more about JUVEDERM and hyaluronic acid filler treatments to reduce the appearance of aging skin.