Fraxel laser skin resurfacing is becoming one of the most popular and effective treatment methods for aging, damaged, or scarred skin. We’re proud to offer Fraxel laser skin resurfacing to our patients at Bay Dermatology and have seen its outstanding results firsthand. A top option for an array of common skin concerns, Fraxel treatment provides long-lasting results by triggering the skin’s natural healing process.
What is Fraxel Laser Skin Resurfacing?
Fraxel is a non-invasive, non-surgical laser treatment for damaged skin. Through the use of a high-accuracy laser wand, Fraxel treatment targets small areas of the skin and leaves the surrounding areas untreated. The laser heats deep layers of skin tissue to spur collagen production. The boost in collagen in the skin then works to heal damage and improve skin’s appearance.
What Skin Concerns Can Fraxel Help?
Fraxel laser skin resurfacing may be used to reduce the appearance of:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Dark spots and pigmentation
- Scarring (i.e. acne scarring, burn scarring, surgical scarring)
- Sun damage
- Actinic keratosis
Fraxel laser skin resurfacing is a leading choice for the reduction of wrinkles, discoloration, and scarring. This treatment can help restore a healthy, even, and youthful complexion without the need for surgery.
What Are The Benefits of Fraxel Laser Skin Resurfacing?
- Fraxel treatment is non-invasive and non-surgical. It involves no cutting or needles, which can cause further damage to the skin.
- Fraxel treatment goes beyond the surface of the skin to treat damage from the inside out, leading to lasting, natural-looking results.
- Fraxel treatment typically takes just 20 to 25 minutes to perform.
- Improvement to the skin following Fraxel treatment is visible immediately. For the best results, it’s typically recommended for patients to undergo three to five Fraxel treatments separated by two to four weeks.
- By pinpointing small areas of the skin with the laser and leaving the surrounding tissue untreated, the recovery time following Fraxel treatment is minimized and considerably shorter than traditional laser treatments.
- Fraxel works by spurring the natural production of healthy skin cells to restore damaged skin; no artificial substances are injected into the skin.
- Fraxel laser skin resurfacing provides subtle results to reduce the look of aging skin without obvious changes.
At Bay Dermatology, our experienced dermatologists are skilled in performing Fraxel laser skin resurfacing treatment. If you have wrinkles, scarred, or damaged skin, we can develop a treatment plan for your needs. Contact Bay Dermatology today to schedule an appointment and learn more about this leading treatment option.