We’re happy to offer fractionated CO2 laser treatment at Bay Dermatology in Tampa. Fractionated CO2 laser resurfacing can help you achieve an even, youthful complexion by smoothing wrinkles, improving skin tone, and minimizing the appearance of scarring.
What is Fractionated CO2 Laser Treatment?
Fractionated CO2 laser treatment is a non-invasive treatment option to improve the appearance of aged or damaged skin. It’s becoming a top choice among medical professionals for effectively healing many common skin concerns.
The fractionated CO2 laser targets specific areas of the skin with light energy according to your concerns. This means that some areas of the skin are treated with the laser, while others are less untreated, facilitating a quicker recovery time when compared to earlier laser treatments. Through the use of intense, focused heat, the laser triggers the skin’s recovery response. This creates a spike in collagen production that can help tighten the skin and create a smoother complexion – without significant heat damage to the skin.
How Can Fractionated CO2 Laser Treatment Help Your Skin?
Fractionated CO2 laser treatment has shown positive results in minimizing the appearance of:
- Sun and UV skin damage (wrinkles, brown spots, uneven skin tone)
- Age-related wrinkles and fine lines
- Crow’s feet and lines around the mouth
- Acne scars
- Burn scars
- Surgical scars
The increase in collagen production that your skin experiences after fractionated CO2 laser treatment will help to reduce the appearance of the above skin concerns. Skin will be left looking healthier, fuller, smoother, and more youthful.
What Are The Benefits of Fractionated CO2 Laser Treatment?
Fractionated CO2 laser treatment present several benefits for patients, including the following:
- It’s a non-invasive, non-surgical cosmetic treatment.
- The procedure is quick and completed in about an hour.
- The healing time after treatment lasts about three to 14 days, which is significantly shorter than previously used laser treatment methods.
- It works by triggering the body’s natural collagen response; no artificial substances are taken or injected.
- It may be used in combination with other treatments for the skin, such as Botox, Dysport, Juvederm, and other types of light treatment.
After fractionated CO2 laser treatment, patients will need to take extra care with their skin. It’s crucial to keep the skin clean, moisturized, and away from sun exposure. At Bay Dermatology, our expert dermatologists will provide you with a post-treatment plan to maximize the benefits of fractionated CO2 laser treatment.
Contact Bay Dermatology in Tampa to learn more about fractionated CO2 laser treatment and how it may help you achieve your cosmetic goals.